Hey sister! It’s your big brother Colby here. Last weekend mom and dad dressed me up for Halloween to do some candy gathering at the zoo with some of our friends. I dressed up like an old man…
With such an extreme jump in age over night, I also took an extreme jump in wisdom.
I may not be rocking a mustache just yet (I mean I’m not even 2 years old!) But I have learned a few things I thought I would share with you to help you out before you get here. After all, I have learned a few things in my 22 months.
1. Snuggles are the best- Mom and Dad love to kiss and hug (each other and me!) Some of our best times are when I sit between them on the couch all covered up and watch t.v. It has taken me a while to learn to be still and enjoy this time, and some days I still struggle. But I think you are really going to love it!
2. Watch out for the green stuff- Mom keeps talking about milk and bottles for you, so I think it may be a while before you get to have any real food in your belly. But when you do, watch out for the green stuff. I tend to prefer COOKIES! Ask for them all the time and eventually they will give you some. They are so good.
3. Mom & Dad need their sleep- This has been hard for me to learn. I am an active kid. I like to nap quickly and wake up in the night sometimes. It has taken me a loooong time to get passed some “poor sleep patterns.” While I still do not think I require that much rest, mom and dad seem to think otherwise and have stayed consistent. So, take it from me, the quicker you learn to sleep, the happier everyone will be.
4. Nurseries and Babysitters are our friends- Okay, I don’t really believe this. But, by the time you are born I hope to understand it a little bit more. I’m your big brother and you need me to be brave. There isn’t anything too scary about being left in the church nursery or having a babysitter come to the house. But, sometimes I just forget this and cry…a lot…and I really miss mom and dad. But, they always come back. So, maybe if I start to be brave, you won’t have to ever be afraid of these things.
5. There is no such thing as too many books- Books are the best! I cannot wait to read to you all the time. My favorite books are all about animals and cars and trucks. I have been practicing all kinds of animal noises to teach you. And when we ride in the car together I will show you were all the tractors and cow fields are. It’s incredible.
6. Laugh, laugh a lot- I am not going to lie sister, I am a very happy kid. I love smiling. I love being silly. I love making others laugh. Will you join me? I don’t know if anyone is ready for what you and I can accomplish together.
You are making mom’s belly so big! I know you are in there and I give you kisses and talk about you all the time.
You’re room is getting ready for you too. I love your bed, but mom won’t let me climb into it. Maybe when you’re bigger we can have slumber parties together?
There’s just too much to teach you, but I am ready!
When are you going to get here?
Over and Out!